Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dialog


With the conclusion of our "Understanding Unity" project we got into "Understanding Dialog", the instructions once again called for 12 skewers and 12 planes of Bristol Board but now we had the constriction of only having two spaces. As for the definition of spaces we had to figure ourselves when making the project. The picture above is my first attempt, basically it was the shape of two squares ontop of each other one opening facing one way and the other facing the opposite way giving the definite look of two spaces. The craft was poor in this first model and so it kept falling apart and the way I had the 4 skewers on the inner part of the squares actually created more spaces in the eyes of my instructors though I was told I had something with the dualing space idea.
And so keeping in mine the dueling space idea brought about my next sketch-model. This one was made with much better craft and was much more interesting, the issue I ran into was not with the skewers, but with the planes, in my design I had two planes left over which are on the very top and bottom of the structure. Sure they go with the designs movement but it seems like the could have a better place. That is the next challenge I'm tackling, how to take a perfect 10 plane-12 skewer structure and turn it into a perfect 12 plane-12 skewer structure by Friday!

No comments: