Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Class on Thursday September 04


Beginning of class we met in the upper critique room and there was a lone chair on the platform, I thought we were going to do figure drawing of some sort, which is one of my most favorite things to do, but it turned out we were assigned to draw the negative space around the chair not the chair itself. We had to spend the entire time drawing so rather then draw more angles of the negative space for the chair I began to draw the people in the background.


In our rotations we did a variaty if things, in our first group we drew our rooms past and present from memory and then future. The future one was probably the hardest one for me because I had never really given any thought to what my room would look like in the future. I would hope it was spacious and had a big window in it, with good scenery would also be a plus. In the second group we continued contor drawings, but this time of people. In my case, my friends Hailey and Christy, had to be drawn without looking at the paper. I think I did the best on Hailey (Despite making her look like an old lady.) so I posted that picture. And in the last group we had to describe an object to people and they had to attempt to draw exactly what you were looking at without seeing the object themselves. Easier said then done!


Just more contor drawings as a group in the critique room before the end of class, I'm ok with doing contor drawings but its not my favorite thing in the world. But if it will help me in my drawing then it must be worth it.

No comments: