Saturday, September 13, 2008

Class on Thursday September 11


First execize in the Critique room, draw the logs of dogwood that Stoel brought in. There were three pieces from where I was sitting kind of layered behind each other and when I was done I still had time so I did the front piece that I could see the most of.

[Insert Image here]
For Stoel we drew plans and diagrams of what our graphics could look like or be designed like, we did thumbnails of the layouts and larger pictures with lettering notes as well. Apparently a graphic isn't just about the project, but also about ideas.


In Suzanne's rotation we drew the contor lines of our studio spaces, we were not allowed to use pencil and so we used ink pens to make crisp bold lines and actually commit to drawing without having to erase.In Nadia's rotation we did the opposite of Suzanne's rotation, we had to draw in the style of cross-contor where you don't draw any outlines at all, just lines to form the space in the object. I had never done this before and while it was hard to make the chair look like a chair I enjoy the result and the general style of it. It look way cool! (I numbered by attempts so it shows that I got alittle better with each try.)

No comments: